Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Proof is in the Pudding

Surfing Turkey
Thanksgiving week is here and I have not thought too much about my menu as it’s pretty much the same menu every year.  My mom will make the sourdough stuffing, my mother-in-law makes the pies, and we will take care of the turkey, potatoes, gravy, and something green.  This Thanksgiving needed a little lift from the ordinary, so I am going for a beach theme with my turkey and dessert.
I will be stuffing my turkey with citrus fruits of lemon and orange along with a bit of onion and celery.  The turkey will have a citrus undertone, but it will be moist.








My dessert will be an orange infused coconut pudding.  This was a fun recipe to try because my son has NEVER had pudding…ever.  I was so excited to make him pudding.  I think this dessert can stand alone or be served with pumpkin pie.





Orange Infused Coconut Pudding

Orange Infused Coconut Pudding

½ cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of orange zest
½ cup of corn starch
2 cans of coconut milk (not light version)
¼ teaspoon sea salt

Whisk together sugar and cornstarch, place in a medium sized sauce pan.  Add coconut milk to pan with sugar and simmer on medium heat.  Keep whisking the coconut milk and sugar mixture.  Soon, the mixture will start to thicken.  Keep whisking until desired thickness is achieved.   This pudding took less than 15 minutes to prepare and can be served warm or cold. 


Happy Thanksgiving and also try reading my post from last year titled 10 Reasons to be Thankful for Food Allergies this Season.


No comments:

Post a Comment