Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Gorp

Monarch Mountain
When I came into the “circle of trust” of my husband’s family and was introduced to Gorp.  Gorp was a snack that made its way on hikes, ski trips, or basically anything that involved the outdoors.  I didn’t mind the snack as it always contained chocolate.  

Campsite




As with any good relationship, the family snack started to rub off on me and I began packing it as a snack for my children.  It has turned out to be a great resource for a nutritious, easy, packable snack for all of our adventures, however great or small.



Above Tree Line Hike Cottonwood Pass




             



Gorp is basically trail mix.  The acronym is “good, ol’, raisins, and peanuts” and gorp is also a verb meaning to “eat greedily” per Wikipedia.  Due to allergies, my gorp does not contain nuts or milk chocolate, but plenty of sweet and salty favorites.





Gorp
The Sweet and Salty
1 cup gluten free pretzels
¼ cup chocolate chips-Enjoy Life chips or mega chunks
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup dried cherries
¼ cup salted sunflower seeds




No comments:

Post a Comment