Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Breakfast

I had a peaceful Mother’s Day morning: I slept in, my husband left early to get fresh coffee and roses, and I made pancakes and waffles with my son.




Thanks to Cherrybrook Kitchen baking mixes, making pancakes and waffles was actually an enjoyable experience.   Prior to discovering this pancake and waffle mix, a morning of making pancakes or waffles consisted of making a regular pancake batter and a sub-par, gluten free, vegan pancake batter.  I was on my feet forever, I had to keep track of which bowl and spoon belonged to each batter to avoid cross contamination, and I used two separate waffle makers to allow for an allergy free cooking surface for my son.  By the time it was all done, I frankly wasn’t interested in eating anymore!





I have experimented with the directions for making the Cherrybrook Kitchen batter and wanted to offer a suggestion on how to make these pancakes even more delicious.  For the liquid portion of the mix, substitute 1/3 of the total liquid with coconut yogurt (or regular yogurt if allowed). 


Roses are a nice touch!










I am thankful that I was able to make everyone a special morning breakfast without the hassle and stress of multiple bowls, spoons, and waffle makers.  You can soon find my other waffle maker at a Goodwill near you!


No comments:

Post a Comment